“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Friday, September 04, 2026
Friday Stuff
Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian of TYT bring us up to date on the latest nonsense with this “Freedom Fuel” scam from Dementia Donnie (and yes, I realize Ana knows Philadelphia isn’t a state, so I’ll overlook that for now)...also, I have no issue with her snark about Israel because I think she’s right...and the price of gas at these shyster outfits has gone back to the market rate, huh? Figures...sooo, according to the inevitable-in-this-case lawsuit, somebody named Syed Kazmi and his brother purchased $4 million in fuel and then his company, KRSM, proceeded to stiff the outfit he bought the gas from (Mansfield Energy), allegedly of course; hard to root for anybody here I’ll admit...an “accounting dispute” over misplaced invoices, huh? Interesting euphemism for theft I’ll admit (again, allegedly)...I think Cenk goes off the rails a bit here when talking about the Kochs (more on what he’s talking about is here), though I’m sure he has a point in another context...also, the Kazmis have a history of pulling stuff like this, as we learn (whoopsie!)...
...and when it comes to financial nonsense from the “party of Lincoln,” Repug U.S. Senator Ashley Moody of Flori-DUUH! was caught skimming about $10 mil from a children’s health fund (here) – also allegedly of course...maybe I’m more sympathetic than I should be towards the grand jury that found so much damn corruption between Moody and outgoing governor #DeathSantis and his wife that they couldn’t sort through all of it to file charges; what a goddamn cesspool!...but oh, “Governor Fancy White Boots” predictably shows his ire towards the leaker of the report to the grand jury, as opposed to admit getting caught red handed (yeah, a naïve thought on my part I’ll admit about #DeathSantis showing anything approximating contrition)...definitely an opportunity to get a word in here for Angie Nixon, and yeah, I know it’s Flori-DUUH!, but we need to fight as best we can anyway...
...and David Shuster of Rebel HQ brings us more sordid tales of financial mismanagement from the regime of Bronzer Beelzebub – it’s really a shame that we apparently don’t have actual, honest-to-goodness adults in this administration who know what the hell to do about the bond market (here)...definitely above my pay grade, but as noted, higher bond yields make lending/borrowing more difficult (in response to inflation and debt, by both countries and corporations...and oh yeah, Our Tiny-Handed Egomaniac’s war of choice versus Iran isn’t helping either)...oh, but the stock market is doing great, so everything is fine, except for the fact that the stock market is riding the ”sugar high,” if you will, of the AI bubble, and when that pops, it will be everyone for themselves...also no insight on whether or not Vlad The Butcher will try to nuke Ukraine, God forbid, which would also impact neighboring countries covered under NATO’s Article V...is it time to start drinking heavily yet?...
...and Josh Gay of Ring of Fire tells us that there’s nothing to see here, just the Gropenfuhrer’s DOE posting a video equating Our Ochre Abomination with a certain German Nazi guy from the 1930s and 40s (from that Gary Oldman move about Churchill); of course, since we’re talking about the regime of Our Treasonous Orange Pestilence, they were too dumb and/or too arrogant to care...I’d forgotten that the ruinous plan for the DOE was to shut down the whole damn agency (yeah, who needs an educated and trained workforce to compete for jobs in the 21st century, amirite?)...
...and David Doel tells us that it looks like Fix Noise shill Maria Bartiromo is out of a job, though I have no doubt that our cretinous ruling regime will find a spot for her somewhere...well, at least Mike Huckabee has praise for him/her (???)...and I guess we need to revisit Our Sweaty Orange Bronzer Boy whining for the zillionth time about the 2020 election – God willing, one day we won’t have to be inflicted with this nonsense any more...looks like Oliver Darcy got the lowdown on all of this; regardless of who you are, you can’t violate the policy of your employer as Bartiromo did in sharing internal information, especially with THIS White House (slightly NSFW/H)...
Update 1: More here.
Update 2: Ummmm....o-kaaay I guess (here).
...and RIP Gloria Steinem; Willie Geist hosts a look back at her life and career...among her many accomplishments was advocacy for the Equal Rights Amendment, which guaranteed equal legal rights regardless of sex (will always remember how that privileged, insulting harpie...and I could think of worse names for her...Phyllis Schlafly sabotaged it)...with Susan Page, Eugene Robinson and Jonathan Lemire (good point about the ridicule Steinem endured from the usual wingnut suspects, and I’m sure they’ll still have the “knives out” even though Steinem has passed)...
...and I have to admit that I’m liking these little musical numbers from Jesse Welles more and more...
...and since we’re heading into the Labor Day weekend, it’s time once more for some “Friday with Frank.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment