“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Friday, August 21, 2026
Friday Stuff
Josh Gay of Ring of Fire informs us that there’s a backlog of about 121K applications for Canadian citizenship, with a surge fueled by folks in this country (big surprise), many of whom have been able to trace their ancestry back to our northern neighbor...looks like it could take two years to sift through the applications at this point...”never bet against Americans fleeing a problem we created” indeed...1,500 record requests in Quebec in a month versus 43 in the same month a year ago (I don’t think we’re going to hear another ridiculous “sir” story over THAT one...and by the way, I think Tim Horton’s coffee is really good)...
Update 8/22/26: More related (and predictable) madness is here.
...and here’s a story on CBC News that you likely won’t find on our bought-and-paid-for corporate media, and it’s that of Loui Ridi, a Palestinian American man who returned home to defend his property from attack by Jewish settlers on the occupied West Bank, with our “ally” “Bibi” encouraging settler violence...shocked to hear Mike Huckabee refusing to rush in and defend All Things Israel, but yeah, good luck trying to put measures into place to try and prevent attacks such as those described in this clip...
...and returning to this country, Robert Reich asks “Who’s The World’s Worst Billionaire” (lots of competition here), and the nod goes to Jeff Bezos – so many reasons I know, but one is Amazon punishing other websites such as Walmart or Target by forcing them to raise prices to ensure Amazon’s competitiveness for the same product (Price Fixing 101)...we’re also reminded of Bezos contributing $1 mil to the inauguration of Cheetoh Hitler 2.0 while shelling out $75 mil for that ridiculous “Melania” alleged documentary...Bezos, along with other plutocrats of course, has chipped in on that ridiculous ballroom and emasculated the once proud WaPo...I didn’t know Bezos had also picked up $65 mil from our regime of grifters and bottom feeders for AWS, but that tracks also unfortunately...and 30K job cuts since last October, huh? Also typical...didn’t know about the man who went into cardiac arrest and died while the manager told other Amazon warehouse employees to keep working (allegedly)...I had heard about the $26 mil spent on union-busting consultants, though...
...and Jesse Dollemore brings us more polling data from CNN’s Harry Enten to indicate just how much Our Ochre Abomination is sinking among the electorate – 31 points underwater at this moment, and 47 points down with independent voters (I admit that I get steamed at the latter group from time to time because I think their voting judgment is basically “feels over reals,” if you will, but the undeniable fact is that they decide our elections)...also, when it comes to the “I” word, yes, I think you need to follow where the facts go (again, assuming Dems are in charge, and we need to work to ensure that outcome), but there is SO MUCH CORRUPTION that needs to be winnowed through that we can’t get totally bogged down in it – a tough task to be sure (and once again, thanks to idiot voters in ’24 who saw to it that we were stuck with all of this)...
...and with everything doing the “big swirl in the hopper,” you might say, the true face of MAGA and the Repug Party is showing itself, meaning that it is a hate movement above all else (in case we didn’t somehow know that already) aimed at liberals, leftists and minorities first and foremost...and right on cue, we have Joel Webbon joining the fray once more, telling “modern feminist pagan women” that they need to starve (I can recall an era when Mel Brooks would make jokes about this, but tragically, this really is the worst timeline we’re living through)...God, what a mental and emotional sewer this Webbon guy must be living in to throw out all of this judgmental garbage...I must have missed the reading in sacred Scripture where Our Lord told the destitute “you starve, glory be to God”...and oh yeah, let’s bring settler colonialism back to Africa while we’re at it, and if you oppose it, we’ll kill you...yep, using what they imagine to be Christianity to fuel their own hatred for sure...also, let’s not forget the racism and intolerance of anyone whose skin is too brown for Webbon’s liking (won’t defend Vivek R. for any other reason, I hasten to add...I hate to acknowledge that Webbon is correct about how Ramaswamy “made bank,” but he is...and “suicidal empathy”; I have to admit that that’s a new one)...Kyle Kulinski tells us about it (NSFW/H)...
...and I need to catch up a bit on my summer selections, and I definitely didn’t want to forget this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment