Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thursday Stuff


Chris Hayes discusses the latest news on Repugs Behaving Badly, and this focuses on GOP U.S. House Rep Max Miller’s alleged awful behavior – we’ll see if our corporate media handles Miller’s violent insanity (alleged) in much the same manner as they did with Graham Platner’s failed U.S. Senate candidacy (and I think it should be pointed out that, to date, no charges have been filed against Platner, though I acknowledge that his situation was pretty bad in its own right)...court filings mention drug use, misogyny, verbal abuse, and violent behavior towards multiple women from Miller, including ex-wife Emily Moreno, as well as the possibility that he may have broken the collarbone of his 2-year-old daughter, who was taken to the ER (Miller denies this)...he also threw hot water on the child and put a gun to her head, allegedly of course...oh, and Miller had a prior relationship with Stephanie Grisham in the Trump 1.0 White House, which ended because of a violent attack against her, as we learn (and Miller counter-suing doesn’t really help his case here IMO)...and of course, leave it to that insufferable toad MAGA Mike Johnson to blow this off (and I forgot about Cory Mills also)...Hayes speaks with Rolling Stone reporter Nikki McCann Ramirez (more here)...



Update 8/2/26: More here (for Bluesky folks).

Update 8/3/26: It took Bernie Moreno long enough to do the right thing (here).

...and David Shuster of Rebel HQ gives us an update on what’s going on in in our latest Mideast forever war...gee, looks to me like Iran is very definitely fighting back against Cheetoh Hitler’s recent wave of attacks, despite #47’s profane claim that we’re winning (and I know bad language is kind of low-hanging fruit when it comes to Don The Con, but it’s still telling to me that he gets yet another corporate media pass on bad behavior that any other *preznit would NEVER get)...oh, and by the way, all of this completely unnecessary madness is DEFINITELY affecting the global oil supply, with prices of just about everything rising commensurate to that...also, I believe Farron Cousins pointed out that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is running out, and this report emphasizes that also...and potentially $8 a barrel, huh (and the subsequent economic collapse)? Gee, where’s everybody NOW losing their collective sh*t about 3 percent inflation under Biden?...



...and Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! interviews Palestinian journalist Mariam Barghouti about the Israeli Defense Force combining with settlers to torch Palestinian settlements on the West Bank... looks like 86 Palestinians on the West Bank have been killed in the latest episode of violence along with hundreds wounded; Barghouti claims that a thousand have been killed in the last two years...and 250 journalists killed in the last year? You would think that would matter as far as our corporate media cousins in THIS country are concerned, but you would be wrong of course (and I believe “Bibi” is in town so Our Treasonous Orange Pustule can do his bidding once more)...I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on the violence in that area of the world because I’m not, but it just appears to yours truly that the overwhelming amount of coverage on this issue is pro-Israel, and if anyone speaks up for Palestinians, they automatically get shouted down with “YOU LOVE HAMAS! YOU’RE A TERRORIST!,” and I’m not going to dignify that idiocy by commenting on it...I also believe this is noteworthy because the majority of this country is wise to what Israel is doing (as noted by this), even if our political/media/industrial complex hasn’t caught up yet...



...and as a bit of comic relief I guess, Rachel Maddow flags the weirdest candidates running in this election cycle, including the MyPillow guy (and election-denying-lawsuit-losing) Mike Lindell running for Minnesota governor (a state he isn’t even registered to vote in), though he apparently may be guilty of scamming creditors in MN, so there’s that...also, in Colorado, there’s “self-taught exorcist” Victor Marx also running for governor, who apparently can’t recall how many people he’s killed (also allegedly!)...however, “the land of the yellow rose” looks like the most wacky of this bunch, with a poll from Texas Repugs asking “Who is a bigger threat – Jews or Muslims?,” with the person behind that garbage poll (Bo French) now running for statewide office...oh, and French linked his Dem opponent to the murder of the last Russian czar and his family, which would be a neat trick since that occurred over a century ago...French also wants to kick out Native Americans because of course...at the top of this slag heap, though, is Ken Paxton, who somehow has accumulated nearly $9 million in real estate (15 homes) on a salary of about $150K a year...



...and I don’t believe I need to add much of any commentary to this little number from Mr. Newberger – again, 8/3 is the date after which Mitch (“Weekend at Bernie’s”) McConnell’s seat must stay open until the November election...



...and here is another seasonal number.

No comments: