Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday Stuff


I guess I went back on my word again when it comes to the State of the Union address from President Biden since I ended up paying attention to it after all – David Pakman brings us some highlights (didn’t see his follow-up video)...



...and for the opposing point of view, David Doel tells us about that borderline looney tune response from Alabama state senator Katie Britt (wonder if she thought she was auditioning for “High School Musical?”...more here, here and here)...



...and because pop culture imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (or ridicule I suppose), Mrs. Colin Jost of SNL (aka Scarlett Johansson) gives us this bit from the show the other night, which I have to confess was kind of funny IMO...guess I missed the joke with the teacup...



...and trying to keep things upbeat I guess, I give you this clip from Michael Kosta of The Daily Show on the REAL invasion at Eagle Pass, according to residents...yep, it’s from all of the damn National Guard people who were sent there by idiot politicians, though that “wetbacks” comment from the local Repug poobah rankles for sure...



...and in this Rebel HQ clip, Ben Gleib tells us about Repugs turning on Trump and allegedly supporting Nikki Haley, which is a problem for these folks with Haley now out of it...and yeah, aren’t those two testimonials against Haley from the MAGA crowd – the one man and the one woman – just so precious?...



...and congrats to all of last night’s winners at the Oscars, including Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey, Jr. (the only pic I ended up seeing was “Oppenheimer,” I must confess), as well as Temple’s own Da’Vine Joy Randolph for “The Holdovers,” which I will get to (here)...here is a tune for the occasion.

No comments: