Friday, February 09, 2024

Friday Stuff


Jesse Dollemore gives us an update on the tale of Curtis Sliwa and the Guardian Angels roughing up someone who (they thought) was an illegal immigrant who was (they thought) caught shoplifting...the video aired on the Sean Inanity program, but now apparently it looks like the individual in question was a U.S. citizen...gee, I wonder if that means there will be ANOTHER lawsuit against The Roger Ailes BS Factory...pass the popcorn...



Update 1: Looks like the CYA festival has already started (here).

...and Thom Hartmann asks Has the GOP Been Grooming Us To Accept Fascism (once again, if you have to ask the question, you probably already know the answer...Thom talks about how we’ve supported dictators including Pinochet in Chile of course, along with the potential impact of Project 2025, with the wingnuts trying to create a “break the glass” moment that leads to a strongman in the U.S., and Thom goes back the last 40 years, which I think is apropos...have to admit that I didn’t know about Poppy Bush’s role in this whole mess, but I’m not surprised)...



...and based on this Brian Tyler Cohen video, I take back my criticism of James Lankford not having a spine when it comes to immigration, and apparently, he did in fact vote for his own bill, even though it went down to defeat (and I agree with Cohen...Dan Crenshaw remains a bad faith actor on this in particular as far as I’m concerned)...



...and speaking of bad faith actors, Farron Cousins (not him) discusses this Valentina Gomez loon in Missouri who’s apparently running for secretary of state, so of course, being a Trumpette, she makes some kind of a campaign video burning books (Gomez is obviously unfamiliar with this quote...hard to get my head around all of this insanity sometimes)...



...and concerning yesterday’s escapades with The High Court of Hangin’ Judge JR, I have to admit that I thought this gentleman made a lot of sense, so here he his (really not familiar with Tennessee Brando, but I may come back to him if he has more clips like this)...



...and Elizabeth Warren pretty much lays out the stakes in this fall’s elections when it comes to women’s ability to exercise their bodily autonomy – pretty sure we know all this already, but it bears repeating IMO...



Update 2: I know we don't need a reminder, but here is another one anyway.

...and RIP Carole King collaborator Toni Stern, who helped compose this number along with a few other hits...



...and also Philly’s own Wilhelmenia Wiggins Fernandez, whose remarkable voice and presence was featured in the 1981 film Diva, one of the most wildly original pics I’ve ever seen...she basically gave up what likely would have been a lucrative career to teach kids with special needs...truly a hero as far as I’m concerned.

No comments: