Saturday, December 02, 2023

Saturday Stuff


David Doel comments here on the expulsion of “George Santos” from the U.S. House...I know I said before that Santos, barring a conviction, should remain in office until the voters have their say, and part of me still feels that way to be honest...this way, “MAGA Mike” Johnson can say, “See? We expelled one of our own, while those dastardly Dems continue allowing Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib to represent here” (definitely tongue-in-cheek on that one), and also, by getting rid of Santos before he’s convicted, the Repugs have created a precedent that they DEFINITELY will use against Dems...in a weird way I admit, I’ll actually miss Santos and his ridiculous, brazen lies, acting as a walking, talking endorsement to NOT vote for Republicans...and I think Doel is right to point out that Santos’s offending his corporate sugar daddies was the straw that broke the metaphorical camel’s back here...



...and Jesse Dollemore brings us a clip of Bo-Bo Boebert doing what she does best, and that is acting like a total idiot, this time with an official from the Social Security Administration about productivity of folks working from home...and yeah, I think you can see already where this is going (a guy named Orrin Hank McKnelly from the SSA testifies...yeah, Bo-Bo throws around a lot of numbers here to try and sound smart, but fortunately McKnelly, the actual adult in this situation, backs up his own argument beautifully...note to Jesse, however; Louie Gohmert is no longer in the U.S. House, fortunately...to do something about Boebert, click here)...



...and I thought this was a pretty balanced tribute to SCOTUS Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, who was definitely conservative, but also tried to balance that I believe with some common sense rulings as noted in the clip...and call me a pointy headed lib if you want, but I honestly do not believe that she would have supported the Dobbs decision...



Update: More here.

...and just in time for the holidays, it looks like Fix Noise is fighting the “war on Christmas” once more, as Jordan Klepper and Desi Lydic of The Daily Show tell us...



...and with the big day in mind, I present the following seasonal offerings...



...including this one as a tribute to Shane MacGowan of The Pogues.

No comments: