Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Tuesday Stuff


Thom Hartmann tells us that Gym Jordan may end up as the next U.S. House Speaker and opines on what an awful development that would be, even though apparently Jordan lost the first round of voting...Thom goes down the whole sordid list of Jordan and Trump-related offenses, to say nothing of legislation Jordan has opposed, as well as the fact that not a single piece of legislation Jordan has proposed/introduced has become law over his 16 years in the House (and when you're a Repug who has lost Man Tan Boehner, you’re really out on a limb...despite the initial vote setback, I’m sure this guy, a member of this group, will cave as he always does and vote for Jordan – to do something about Bri-Fi at last, click here)...



Update: Yep, Bri-Fi caved for Jordan all right (here).

...and when it comes to the usual corporate media “take” on all of the dysfunction in the U.S. House that has created an opportunity for Jordan, you can rely on “both sides” Dave Gregory to find a way to blame Dems for this utter mess in one of our legislative branches of government (and actually, I was at least as PO’ed about Gregory’s “ferment on college campuses” and “anti-Semitic left” remarks also as I was with the “where are the Dems?” idiocy...”Dancin’ Dave” is indeed working overtime here to come up with some kind of faux equivalency between the two sides, as Jesse Dollemore tells us)...



...and given the theme of Repug politicians going off the deep end, Mike Figueredo brings us the story of someone named Joseph Viso, Jr. (anti-vax skeptic, anti-LGBTQ, thinks Dems are communists, etc.) who literally smeared sh*t on the locks and doorknobs of a day care where he had a dispute next to his business at the time...nice freaking guy...oh, and I guess I can only say THANKS, OBAMA! in response (and yes, I’m definitely kidding...sooo I guess this happened awhile ago, so why is it coming to light only now I wonder?...NSFW/H)...



...and this report from the CBC tells us that the U.S. and France, among other countries, are trying to contain the horror show going on in Gaza between Israel and Hamas...I have to be careful with these clips because I want to keep information as current as I can, and I also don’t want to get dinged by YouTube for violent content, which I really can’t do much about...doesn’t mean I’m trying to ignore this, I wish to emphasize...



...and I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less), with a 10/18/08 clip courtesy of Michael Morrill and Keystone Progress...folks from Chester County, PA speak out in favor of President Obama and criticize the rhetoric coming from the McCain/Palin campaign aimed at former President Hopey Changey...I never criticized – or at least, I don’t think I did – some of the attacks from McCain aimed at Obama and Biden back then since they weren’t personal; my biggest complaints with McCain had to do with policy – of course, the former half-term Alaska governor who was McCain’s running mate was another story...this is kind of a relic that pre-dates the rise of the Gropenfuhrer of course, but I still think it’s timely to present something like this every so often as a reminder that we can agree or disagree without trying to tear each other to pieces in the process...



...and I may be a month or two early for this number, but I thought it was a neat newer tune (and sadly apropos), so here it is.

No comments: