Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Tuesday Stuff


John and Charles Coleman of The Damage Report tell us about the impact of climate change on the Florida Keys – yeah, I’d say the proverbial handwriting on the wall for “The Sunshine State” is about 20 damn feet high (higher than the sea level rise I guess, which in itself is pretty damn bad)...



...and Cenk and Brett Erlich of TYT have some fun with that loon “pastor” Greg Locke (though, of course, EVERYTHING Locke is saying and doing is calculated as part of his grift, as noted in the clip...can only imagine what the afterlife is going to be for this scurrilous con man)...



...and yeah, I know I should have included this for the holiday from Robert Reich, but better late than never I guess...



...and David Pakman does a good job here IMO in discussing our slow creep to authoritarianism (warned about by scholars)...



...and part of that was on display in Philly with these “Patriot Front” crazies, as K.O. discusses (more here)...



...and with the prior clip in mind, I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less) from 7/4/17, with voices of sanity and (I would argue) stupidity who descended upon Gettysburg on the 154th anniversary of the battle – I suppose I’m presenting this to show more of the conflict going on in this country by some of these gun-humpers and ordinary citizens (especially the mom with younger kids) who think those dressed for battle are more than a little nuts...



...and to end on a bit more of an upbeat note, I give you this MSNBC clip of Alicia Menendez speaking with Desmond Meade on voting rights for felons who’ve served their time...



...and I’ve never heard of this guy until now, but damn, he’s got chops (and the young woman dancer is talented also – good luck to them).

No comments: