Sunday, November 01, 2020

Sunday Stuff


This report from Sky News tells us of the pro-Biden and pro-Trump protests in Florida, which, as far as I’m concerned, is a state that needs the U.N. to monitor its elections, which people smarter than I have already pointed out (and yeah, about a Biden-Harris supporter allegedly attacking a Trump supporter, I’m going to have to see proof for that one...and it looks like the Gropenfuhrer left his supporters out in the cold again as noted here)...



Update: I can't tell you how many times I've driven this bridge and will likely do so again in the future. And unless you've done so (and I know many have besides me), it's hard to truly describe how dangerous a stunt this is.

Arrest every single one of these fucking cretins responsible for this garbage.

Update 11/2/20: And it looks like Trumpsters got stranded again (here - sorry for the bad word above, but I'm kind of reaching my limit with this insanity).

...and while we all need to do what we can in these final three days, Rachel Maddow tells us we should take heart from the early polling numbers...



...and how dare an actual scientist double check on whether or not the NOAA should actually be studying, y’know...science (boy, is John right about all of the other stuff we could have done as opposed to wasting calories over Our Orange Pustule-In-Chief...commentary with Jayar Jackson also)...



...and to help Christina Finello, running to unseat Bri-Fi in PA-01 (who voted against the HEROES Act, let’s not forget), please click here (more here...and to help Dems running for the U.S. Senate, click here – and to help Perry Warren, running for another term as state rep in PA-31, click here)...



...and RIP Sir Sean Connery (here and here) – yeah I know what he said in the Barbara Walters interview, and that wasn’t cool, but he was also married for 45 years, so he must have done SOMETHING right as a husband...besides, I think his body of work can be appreciated aside from any personal stuff...hell, think of the people John Wayne sold out in the ‘50s, but I can still watch “The Searchers” and “True Grit” and admire his performances – this, as far as I’m concerned, is one of Connery's most iconic scenes from a truly great movie...his body of work, including "A Bridge Too Far," "The Man Who Would Be King" and "The Hunt for Red October," is truly stunning...



...and when all is said and done, I guess Connery will be identified mostly as the guy who created James Bond in the movies; to be honest, I never cared much about the Bond flicks when I was growing up (though the latest films with Daniel Craig are tremendous as far as I’m concerned)...the music from the Connery-era Bond films, though, was spectacular, including this tune.

No comments: