Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wednesday Stuff


(By the way, I’m the wrong person to go to for any kind of a “take” on the Democratic debate last night partly because I didn’t expect that they would have anything to say – or at least not much – about any of the issues that truly mattered to me, so I didn’t watch, though apparently Biden said he had something to do with the CFPB that Elizabeth Warren founded, which to me is hilarious…it’s all about the media “gotcha” BS – should have Bernie, Warren, Harris, and I guess, yeah, you have to include Biden, and everyone else should go get lost.)

It looks like Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook has been making nice with the wingnuts despite (or maybe because of) their typical work-the-ref caterwauling about media bias, as Farron Cousins explains…kind of figures given that Facebook started as a site to hate on girls at Harvard who shot down Zuck and his friends when they wanted to date them…



…and Sam Seder and The Majority Report tell us about Chris Hayes discussing Ronan Farrow’s reporting on Harvey Weinstein, as well as the imbroglio with the NBA and the Chinese government – yes, the “path of least resistance” is far more treacherous than you might believe…I give Hayes credit for making a careful and thinly veiled criticism of his employer…



…and John I. tells us more about Ronan Farrow’s “catch and kill” allegations, practiced by The National Enquirer on behalf of the Gropenfuhrer to destroy stories that could, let’s say, pose a problem or two (hmmm – “journalistic integrity”…have to Google it to find out I guess for TNE…at least 10 different stories, huh?)…



…and I know I’m a little behind the curve on this, but Rachel Maddow tells us how Our Orange Nightmare recently awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to longtime Reagan counselor Ed Meese, as noted here (great synopsis on how wretched Meese truly was, and regarding Iran Contra, she’s referring to the Boland Amendment which the Reagan gang thumbed their collective nose at, as it were – so much wrong with Meese that I’m not sure it can be cataloged here, but in addition to what Maddow cites, Meese was also instrumental in the Pacific Legal Foundation, and he also made some typically pig-headed comments about hunger in America in 1983 as noted here…I guess I should present a Maddow clip if for no other reason than to reply to the snark at the end of the Seder clip)…



…and I’ve had some issues with Jim Wallis in the past, and I realize he can’t come right out and make a political endorsement, but he’s right on the money otherwise as far as I’m concerned (kind of repugnant to me that someone with a turned-around collar was in An Oval Office during the Meese ceremony – my church has much to make amends for as far as I’m concerned)…



…and it looks like Todd was nominated for the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame for a second time (here) – should be a slam-dunk, as it were.

No comments: