Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Wednesday Stuff


Oh yeah, tell me again how virtuous Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao and Repug U.S. Rep Mr.-Puppy-Dog-Eyes-With-The-Shiv supposedly are…


…and leave it to the Gropenfuhrer to claim that someone like this is allegedly “spiritual” (this idiot could be responsible for a public health emergency over this..."healed by his stripes"? WHAAAA???)…


…and I have to stick to my principles a bit here and point out that, even though we’re talking about a celebration for our Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles (damn, it feels good to say that!), the BLM folks definitely have a point (vandalism is never OK for anybody)…


…and I’ll admit that this is a bit of a tangent, but while we all take the time to toast the Birds for pulling off the win in “Supe 52,” let’s not forget to give props to this guy pictured below – I remember how bad this team was before he took over, and though he didn’t get us to the proverbial mountaintop, he sure turned this team into a professional sports organization once more…


…returning to the news/political stuff, Michael Brooks tells us more about the line from Generalissimo Trump that "Americans are DREAMers too," along with that horrible and thoroughly exploitative political ad (more here, and once more, it was wrong of Wilson to show "Birth of a Nation," but he was conned into doing so - have to know the story...facts for sure at about 2:30)...



...and yeah, I think this bears repeating from Chris Hayes about the shenanigans of former FBI director James Comey during the 2016 presidential election (something to remember in light of this)...



…and while I was in Eagles green mode with my tunes over the last couple of weeks, I also didn’t acknowledge the birthday of Lucinda Williams, so I’d like to do so here.

No comments: