Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Wednesday Stuff

(To be fair to Campbell Soup CEO Denise Morrison, I should note that our Impulse Control Issue Nazi Sympathizer In Chief "picked up his marbles and went home" concerning his supposed manufacturing council partly because Morrison did the right thing and walked, as noted here, so kudos to her - and in a related vein, I give you this.)

And with that in mind, Joy Reid talks with Jon Meacham and Charlie Pierce about the latest missteps from the Gropenfuhrer on Charlottesville; yep, #45 is trying to suck up to the guys with the tiki torches again (and I think Pierce is particularly spot-on at the very end, even though Barbara Fields annoyed the hell out of me during The Civil War series…but maybe it’s just me)…



…and Sam Seder tells us about Charlottesville rally organizer Jason Kessler running away when confronted (and yeah, I get it that Kessler had every right to his utterly repugnant free speech as those protesting had, but seriously, what does he expect when he routinely spouts hateful garbage like this every chance he gets?)…



(Oh, and by the way, in my neck of the woods, there’s now an outcry about tearing down a statue of Frank Rizzo - here. My response, for whatever it’s worth, is this: yes, the “nightstick in the cummerbund” is definitely an image from my youth, but where do you draw the line with this stuff? Did Frank Rizzo have any role in an armed insurrection against this country?)

Update 8/18/17: Never an excuse for this; if you want to try to take down the statue, do it the right way (petition, signatures, online campaign, etc.)...

…and for anyone out there who still needs to be reminded about how horrible the Gropenfuhrer’s latest pratfall really was (maybe one or two people I guess), I give you this…


…also, Thom Hartmann talks with Lee Fang of The Intercept about all of the “glibertarians” out there trying to impose their crass, disgusting “world order” elsewhere in this hemisphere and on other continents; kudos to Fang for reporting on something that, as nearly as I can determine, is totally ignored by the news networks with initials for names…



…and Elvis “left the building” for real 40 years ago today – I thought this was a good tune for the occasion (still recall Geraldo Rivera, believe it or not, reporting on all of the prescribed drugs Presley took – a shocker for that time, though I suppose the reaction was more of a shrug when something similar was learned later about Michael Jackson)…



…however, it’s really best I think to hear from the artist himself (the one-time Sam Phillips protégé, I mean - with all of the craziness going on with Generalissimo Trump, I couldn't help but think of this tune).

No comments: