Thursday, May 19, 2016

Thursday Stuff

RIP Morley Safer (jeez, didn’t they just give him a retirement party the other day?)…I thought most of his features were pretty good – he actually had a segment with The Muppets years ago that I thought was pretty funny, and he had a really hard time keeping a straight face, which I certainly don’t hold against him…he made his name, though, doing some truly balls-out reporting during the Vietnam War, including this segment…



...and OMFG (here – and by the way, you didn’t hear any of these numbskulls prattling on about a refugee crisis during the…oh, let me think – now what was that little dustup again?? And I don’t necessarily like the TSA either, but how exactly do they constitute a “security problem”?).

TEH STUPID!! IT BURNS US!!!!…



…and yeah, there’s some humor in this, but for the eleventy billionth time, this makes it loud and clear to me that Hillary Clinton needs to make the case for herself – we’ll see…



…and I give you Example Part The Infinity, as Charles Pierce might say, of how conservatives have no sense of humor whatsoever (apropos in particular in light of the prior clip)…



...and Thom Hartmann brings us science and green news for the week (For the last time? Gee, I hope not.)...



…and I guess I’m overdue for a “relationship” song, so here you go.

No comments: