Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Stuff

The sixth anniversary of the utterly wretched Citizens United ruling was yesterday (here) – time once more for K.O.’s Special Comment...



...and to me, Carly Fiorina deserves to be strung up by her thumbs for this; if I were a parent of one of those kids, I’d be mad as hell for not being asked for permission first – her departure from this bad burlesque of a presidential campaign can’t come soon enough…



…and with the prior clip in mind, do you want to know what life would be like in this country without Roe v. Wade (and what the wingnuts want even with it, including this lunatic)? Watch this about Ireland (gets pretty graphic around 1:45 – 1:55, but for a good reason - NSFW)…



…and with the prior two videos in mind, I give you this



…and as I’ve said before, I’ll definitely miss Al Jazeera America since I don’t know of too many news organizations that do this type of reporting (and in case you were wondering whether or not the VA faced pressure from budget cuts that led to the circumstance in this video…and the answer is yes…I ask that you read this)…



…and at a certain point, I just don’t have the words – luckily, Stephen Colbert still does (here)…



…and returning to the music of Glenn Frey, I can’t find a copy of the awesome video for this song without the audio stripped out; must be some stupid legal thing – luckily, the tune is great enough to stand by itself…



…and former Eagle Bernie Leadon wrote and sang this for fellow folk rocker Gram Parsons who died in 1973, but I think this fits now for Frey too (on an unrelated note, good luck dealing with the snow).

No comments: