Monday, October 05, 2015

Monday Stuff

Yep, I think Charles Pierce pretty much says it here...


He thinks we have a party that is not sane by ewillies

…and I don’t think there’s a whole lot we can do about people disappointed because they’re not rich, apparently ingesting the lies our corporate media foists upon them, but you'd better believe there is something we can do about guns…



...and keeping with this subject, Jake Tapper talks to Mark Kelly about the fact that gun-free zones don't matter when it comes to this stuff, among other gun-related topics (here)...



…and to give you an idea of how long we’ve been fighting this battle, I present the following from here (though, to be fair, it took the murders of both RFK and Dr. King to enact this)…



…and 20 years ago last Saturday, O.J. Simpson was acquitted in the murder of ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman; I know this clip is an attempt at humor mainly because I don’t know what else to say about a crime that exposed such a raw racial nerve as that one did – Simpson was guilty as hell as far as I and many other people are concerned…he’s currently serving a 33-year prison sentence for unrelated felonies, and if he ever does get out, he probably won’t have much of a life left, which, as far as I’m concerned, is better than he deserves (more here)…

(And by the way, you DO know that this is a parody of "Strangers On A Train," don't you?)...



..and bad “Z”-list blogger that I am, I realize that I don’t focus nearly as much as I should on local stuff in our beloved commonwealth, so I’ll try to make amends with this clip, where PA-31 U.S. House Rep (and Dem U.S. House 8th District Democratic candidate) Steve Santarsiero talks with Jill Horner of Comcast about the budget impasse (and here is more on the severance tax that Steve discussed)…



...and happy belated 125th birthday to Groucho Marx ("I'm Against It," the theme song of Not Your Father's Republican Party)...



…and I know I already noted the 70th birthday of Don McLean last Friday, but I was really going back and forth between the tune I chose to embed and the other one, which is this, so here it is (don’t blink or you’ll miss the ending).

No comments: