Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday Stuff

Happy 60th birthday to filmmaker Michael Moore – I think this clip from Rachel Maddow communicates just how far out on a limb he went on Iraq, and I know he’s become sort of a pop-culture punchline in a way since then, unjustly I believe (finally saw “Team America” recently from Trey Parker and Matt Stone, about 8 years or so late I guess, and that’s the treatment Moore gets…yes, he’s been guilty of excess at times and he hasn’t always been 100 percent correct, but as far as I’m concerned, he’s gotten closer to that target as a documentary filmmaker than anyone else)…



…and I think this is one of the better “Debunktion Junction” features – sticking with R. Maddow…



…and the segment with the wrongly-terminated Police Chief Moore in the prior clip is probably a good segue to this - the end of Jon Stewart’s typically great commentary here is definitely NSFW, but God, is he right…



…and to commemorate the 450th birthday of The Bard, I give you an unusual tribute.

No comments: