Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Stuff

(A brief "meta" note - I was able to post more than I thought this week, but I don't think my luck will hold out next week; I'll keep you informed when I know anything.)

Rachel Maddow conducted a great interview tonight with Dem U.S. Rep. Pete DeFazio of Oregon about the stimulus bill; the whole thing is worth watching (I'll keep looking), but this excerpt is terrific (gee, ya' think DeFazio has a low opinion of Obama econ advisor Larry Summers?)...



...and even though Obama has ordered that GITMO be closed within a year, he is of course receiving the inevitable right-wing push back, as noted here; this is more background on the following video...K.O., in his "Bushed" scandals segment tonight, explained pretty well how we may have ended up radicalizing Said Ali al-Shihri - I'd embed the video if I could (heckuva job, MSNBC)...



...and I had to emded this if, for no other reason, because of the "Planet Blago" weirdness at the end (and the more I think about it - particularly after reading Clyde Haberman's Paterson take-down in the Times today - the more I think the "guv" "screwed the pooch" on the Gillibrand nod; Margaret Carlson, on "Countdown" tonight, more or less assured an Andrew Cuomo primary contest against Paterson when it's election time for "the big chair" in Albany)...



...Daughtry ("What About Now").

No comments: