Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Videos

Art Brut ("Direct Hit"...a little bit o'cockney, ay mate? And trying to parody one of my all-time TV faves also)...



...Happy Birthday (56) to Dan Fogelberg (a slide show accompanying "Scarecrow's Dream" by Tage Kaliandrino of YouTube - not exactly sure what's going on here, but it's nice; his concerts used to be great night outs for a date)...



...Happy 88th Birthday to the incomparable George Shearing ("I Won't Dance")...



...I missed the 60th birthday of Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson last week, so I'm making up for it now ("Back To The Family" live from a 1969 concert in Stockholm, back when they were still strictly jazz/blues)...



...and I know Merv Griffin came across as a show business clown and hanger-on, but in his business dealings he was far more than that, and he just loved to schmooze on camera and that was entertaining in a way - to be sure though, he was a product of his time; R.I.P.

No comments: