Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lending A Hand To "The Man"

This is one “echo chamber” post that I am more than happy to publish.

David Sirota notifies us here that he was asked to write a column for Creators Syndicate, to, in essence, fill the shoes of Molly Ivins; I’m sure David and anyone else would admit that's impossible, but all we can do is try our best.

He also is asking that we lend a hand on behalf of his column and ask newspaper editors to include his well-written and highly detailed observations amidst the ever-growing volume of right-wing bile that they inflict on us at every opportunity. I will attempt to communicate this to Chris Satullo of the Philadelphia Inquirer shortly; I don’t know who has replaced him as editorial page editor, but I’m sure it isn’t asking too much for him to publicize David’s existence. I will also contact Guy Petroziello at the Bucks County Courier Times and make a similar request.

(Oh, and I should point out that I may not have much success with the Inquirer since we cancelled our subscription, but I’ll try. And by the way, Inky, I should make it crystal clear to you that we are not going to renew it, so you might as well stop sending issues that we won’t pay for now. Even the Courier Times draws the line at publishing Glenn McCoy’s odious cartoons – and Smerky conducted a hard-hitting interview on Sunday with…his son? Somehow, I think that Pulitzer for editorial commentary will remain juuuust a bit out of reach for Philadelphia’s pre-eminent radio loudmouth for all eternity.)

Congratulations on your column, David (I would link to it if it weren’t for the fact that the Creators site is experiencing technical difficulties from my location which are so maddeningly frequent). We need all the voices of reason we can get in our print media.

Update 8/13: I contacted Chris Satullo of the Inquirer and received an out-of-office Email message that he was working on his "Center Square" feature and I needed to contact someone else, so I contacted Harold Jackson who I believe is the deputy editorial page editor, and I have not as yet received a response. That is also the case with Guy Petroziello of the Courier Times.

One voice only and at all times as far as our corporate media is concerned - they ignore us at their peril.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the help!

doomsy said...

You're welcome - good luck.