Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Patrick Gets Ready (Admiral Joe Too)

I received this letter from our newly elected 8th-district U.S. House rep yesterday (and I believe the freepers have given up their “Mikey Fitzpatrick Actually Lost The Election…BAAWWWLLLL!” whine fest for the holidays – haven’t seen much of that in the Bucks County Courier Times lately; of course, now that I’ve just pointed that out…)

Dear Friends,

Thank you. You put your hopes and hearts in my hands, and for that I will be more grateful than I can ever express or you might ever realize.

For me, this journey began in 138-degree heat on the streets of Baghdad. We were sent to battle without enough troops and without a plan to win the peace. The nineteen guys from my unit who never made it home deserved a government as honest and decent as they were.

Now begins the real journey – not just for me, but for all of us here in the 8th district. We are going to bring back optimism. We are going to bring back hope. And we are going to bring back possibility.

As your Congressman-Elect, I am more humbled, more hopeful and more assured in my faith and in the American people than I ever could have imagined when I began this journey over a year ago.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your trust. I promise I will make you proud.

Patrick J. Murphy
And as far as the swearing-in ceremony is concerned...

Dear friends,

From the first door I ever knocked to our victory together on Election Night, you, my wonderful friends and supporters, have been with me. I hope you'll join me again as I take the oath of office on January 4, 2007, on Capitol Hill.

My team has organized several celebrations in Washington, DC, and you're invited to all the festivities. You can organize your own transportation, or you can meet up with one of our Murphy Buses, which leave the morning of January 4th from two 8th District locations and return the same night.

Be sure to RSVP to info@murphy06.com with your name, phone number, and the number of seats you'd like. A member of my staff will call to confirm your reservation. Space is limited!

Here is the information about our events and the Murphy Buses traveling to Washington:

The Murphy Buses:

Murphy Quakertown Bus:
-LOCATION: Park & Ride across from the PA Turnpike on Rt. 663 in Milford.
-PICKUP TIME: 7 am. The bus will leave on time, so please be prompt!
Murphy Bristol Bus:
-LOCATION: 7500 Bristol Pike, Levittown
-PICKUP TIME: 7 am. The bus will leave on time, so please be prompt!

Here are the events my team has planned. I hope you can join us:

• An Open House at my new Congressional Office, 1007 Longworth Building
• A Swearing In Celebration at the National Democratic Club
• A Murphy Afterparty with the Marine Engineers Beneficial Association

More information is coming soon. If you have any questions, please call my office at 215-547-5211.

I can never fully express my gratitude to all of you for your work and your support. I hope you'll share this moment with me as the new Democratic Congress begins to take our country toward a new, brighter future.

See you in Washington!

Patrick
And by the way, let’s not forget about Admiral Joe in the 7th U.S. Congressional District.

Dear Friend,

Thank you for all you did to support the election! I would be honored if you would be able to accept my invitation to join me in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, January 4, 2007 when I am sworn in as the next Congressman from Pennsylvania's 7th Congressional District. It is a moment that really belongs to you. Provided below is further information about this event.

If you can attend the reception, we request that you please RSVP per below as it would be extremely helpful for our planning purposes. Please note that since the actual swearing-in is for all members simultaneously on the House floor, you will be able to view the swearing-in on closed-circuit TV in the Foyer of the Rayburn House Office Building, which we have reserved for our reception.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C.

Warmly,
Joe Sestak

Swearing-in Ceremony and RSVP Information
When: Thursday, January 4, 2007
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM

Watch Congressman-elect Joe Sestak’s swearing-in ceremony on closed-circuit TV in the Foyer of the Rayburn House Office Building.
2:00 PM – 6:00 PM

Reception in the Foyer of the Rayburn House Office Building hosted by Congressman Joe Sestak. Food and beverages will be provided.
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM

Although you will see Joe at the reception, you are also welcome to stop by his Congressional office, located in the Longworth House Office Building, Room 1022, where staff will be for an open-house.

The Rayburn House Office Building is located across the street and southwest of the Capitol. It is bounded by Independence Avenue, South Capitol Street, First Street, and C Street, S.W.

View a map of the Capitol Complex
here:

Optional Bus Transportation Reservations:

If you are interested, round-trip transportation will be available by charter buses at a cost of $35 per person. The buses will depart at 8:00 AM sharp from the main parking lot at the Penn State Delaware County Campus located at 25 Yearsley Mill Road, Media, PA, 19063. Parking is available in the lots to the right and left when entering the campus from Middletown Road (Route 352). The buses will depart Washington, D.C. at 6:30 PM and arrive back at 9:30 PM at the Penn State Delaware County Campus.

The deadline to make a reservation for bus transportation is noon, Wednesday, December 27th.

If you are interested in traveling to Washington, D.C. by charter bus, you may pay by credit card, check or cash. If you would like to pay by credit card, please call our transition office at 610-891-8956 with your credit card information by December 27, 2007. Please make checks payable to “Sestak for Congress” and mail them to arrive at the below address by December 27, 2007:

Sestak for Congress
P.O. Box 16
Media, PA 19063

You may also drop-off checks or cash at our transition office at 428 E. Baltimore Pike, Media, PA (the same location as campaign headquarters) by December 27, 2007.

(Note: You may make your own transportation arrangements to Washington, D.C. if you so desire.)

Follow
this link to RSVP:

If you have any questions, please call Zach Steacy on my staff at 610-891-8956.
All the best, guys!

No comments: