“It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” – George Carlin
Wednesday, August 05, 2026
Wednesday Stuff
Tennessee Brando gives us a commentary of how “trickle-down economics destroyed my hometown”...yep, the minimum wage at “the buckle of the Bible belt,” as Brando puts it, is $7.25 an hour...I didn’t know that James Talarico said that trickle-down “isn’t a theory, it’s a theft”; damn straight!...”if they let you get ahead in this world, they’ll cut you down to size to stop you from getting ahead in this world” – hard to argue with that...interesting Ali/Frazier story also IMO (NSFW/H)...
...and Farron Cousins discusses “Dr. Crudite” deciding to increase the monthly cost of Medicare health and drug coverage for seniors by getting rid of subsidies for Part D...I thought this was a pretty good analysis by Cousins about why, even though we do indeed hate insurance companies, we’re stuck with them until the blessed day comes when we have single payer at the point of service for health care (and yeah, I know it’s a pipe dream, but we need to keep beating that metaphorical drum for it anyway)...
...and Rachel Maddow tells us that the Consumer Product Safety Commission under the leader of Cult 45 wants our ER records now; what a mental patient this guy is...clip starts with an overview of the importance of the CPSC, so now, our ruling regime is going to take the commendable mission of that important government agency and twist it to suit their nefarious ends...
...and I know we’re focused on elections in this country now, and rightly so (and congratulations to Abdul El-Sayed in Michigan, and get ready for a never-ending onslaught of garbage like this now), but this report from ABC News in Australia presents a profile of the British bi-election in Clacton-On-Sea between Nigel Farage and Count Binface (definitely reminds yours truly of that old Monty Python bit)...looks like the Count would have to “un-bin” himself were he to actually win, however...I know I had this yesterday, but I pulled it for the Damage Report clip on El-Sayed and Haley Stevens...
...and Steve Harness of Really American informs us that some protest art against Our Ochre Abomination is making an impact globally, including an image in horse manure (the “Don of Dung,” which sold for about $1,800...spot-on)...also, there are what look like blow-up figures of #47 and his Russian benefactor, among MANY others works lampooning Cheetoh Benito (NSFW/H also)...
...and here is another seasonal selection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment