Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday Stuff


(For anybody keeping score at home, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted for all 5 days a week, and that will continue for a bit longer at a minimum, and the next week or so will be pretty problematic for posting also – I just don’t know yet.)

This clip from CBC News discusses the “booze ban” by our northern neighbor...between ’24 and ’25, wine exports to Canada fell by $343 million...wine, distilled spirts and beer combined took a similar nosedive, from $744 mil to $208 mil...oh, so Claudia Tenney of the Trump Party goes and whines to Maria Bartiromo about it; cry me a freaking river...I have no gifted insight into this business, so it’s entirely possible that it will turn around, but all of this could have been goddamn avoided of course if it weren’t for the Gropenfuhrer’s hostile attitude towards our ally and his tariff madness, as we know...also, I cannot fathom how ANY of this will make it possible to reach an agreement with Canada on minerals (as well as the nonsense from this), but stranger things have happened I guess...



...and Pat Ford sitting in for David Pakman lets us know about Laura Ingraham of Fix Noise “reading the room,” you might say, realizing what’s likely to come...she gets no credit from me because she didn’t speak out against this Iran madness and decry the humanitarian brutality until it became crystal clear how it’s about to bite the “R” team in the metaphorical butt this fall...and I would agree that a 29 percent approval rating for our Iran lunacy is definitely way too damn high, but then again, about 30 percent of this country is certifiable sadly...also, it looks like Maria Bartiromo is looking to “jump ship” on this also, though I don’t give her any credit either because she’s doing this for the same reason as Ingraham...and this Rob Spalding guy can “sit and spin” – just because our other damn forever wars in the Mideast took an eternity doesn’t mean that this has to also, especially since the case for waging it in the first place was never made by this regime of lowlifes...I didn’t know about this Bryson DeChambeau guy, and if you’ll excuse me, I’ll choose not to trouble my beautiful mind with him (snark)...



...and hey, don’t look now, but it appears that the Houthis, with the backing of Iran, aren’t letting Saudi Arabia use their main shipping route via the Red Sea for transport of oil of course, what with the closure of the Strait of Hormuz also (a response to the Saudis apparently bombing in Lebanon)...yep, we indeed are looking at gas shortages all over the globe, all because of this decrepit, flatulent orange madman and yet another potential forever war...I was pretty young for the oil shortages of the ‘70s, but yeah, I remember them also...I didn’t know #47 had tapped out the strategic reserve, but that figures also...with all due respect to Farron Cousins, I really don’t care what Saagar Enjeti has to say because he was one of the cheerleaders who helped make sure we were stuck with this demented loon in charge...



...and Kenny Hesse of Really American brings us a clip of someone making fun of Our Ochre Abomination at one of #47’s hate-fests (this guy had better be careful because I’m sure the great unwashed followers of our Cult Leader In Chief will be out for him – love to be wrong)...oh, and Dem U.S. Senator Jon Ossoff didn’t look like “Pinky Herman” (ugh!) when he was handing this Trumpist stooge his lunch recently (here)...glad to see Ossoff’s national profile rising, though we have a loooong way to go when it comes to determining who the Dem prez nominee for ’28 will be...and “no tax on Social Security”?? Um, yeah...let’s find out how that flies when I don’t take out any withholding and I get DESTROYED next April 15th....and oh, this ballroom, in addition to being an underground bunker too, is now also a “MILITARY FACILITY?” I guess it will also have sharks with lasers, huh...and I realize it’s not possible for this clueless orange meat sack to realize that calling his war of choice a “skirmish” is insulting beyond belief to those who have died or suffered traumatic injury...what a sweating, pitiable, bulbous old fool (I apologize for subjecting you to so much of this, but occasionally I think attention must be paid)... NSFW/H...



...and The Lincoln Project offers their take on “Communism” under Dear Leader...I can’t believe these incompetent bumblef*cks actually think this attack line will work (the “R” Party, I mean)...



...and Brian Tyler Cohen presents “Another Day”...it looks like Trumpette spokes-liar Karoline Leavitt is “throwing down” a bit for her boss against Senate Majority Leader John Thune to try and get the garbage SAVE Act passed...we're also reminded about Cantaloupe Capone refusing to sign the housing bill passed by Congress because of his typical hissy fit over the aforementioned SAVE Act...and it also looks like Glenn Beck is slathering on the same amount of bronzer as Our Treasonous Orange Pustule...and I have a news flash for you-know-who; Senate Repugs HAVE ALREADY BLOWN UP THE FILIBUSTER as noted here...also, the only reason I care about whether or not he cries is because he’s already a pathetic excuse for a human being, and I don’t need further proof of that...”stop placating the arsonist with more matches” indeed...slightly NSFW/H also...



...and Seth Meyers presents “A Closer Look”...I haven’t seen “The Odyssey” but I plan to at some point, and I’m sure Christopher Nolan is laughing his ass off at everybody losing their sh*t over the casting of Elliot Page, who is trans, in the role of Achilles, along with Apartheid Clyde setting more money on fire to make HIS version of the story...also, Lupita Nyong'o plays Helen of Troy, something else which matters to me not one bit one way or the other...and in terms of this bimbo saying “no one is going to see this ‘woke’ movie,” ummm, I’d reconsider that, $264 million later...also, we get a rundown of all of the ways that our ruling regime and their media flunkies have been COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG about our Not-So-Excellent Adventure in Iran...and I can hardly wait to discover what that “present” was that Cheetoh Benito got from Iran; this delusional old man is likely to concoct ANYTHING to try and puff himself up...I realize I haven’t had much on Jon Ossoff going after cretins like SecDef Kegseth, but big time kudos to the Dem Georgia senator for not taking any mess (and echoing the Really American clip I know, we’re reminded of the idiocy from Dementia J. Trump at that Bund rally of his)...



...and I think this newer tune kicks butt – hope it starts off a nice summer weekend for us all.

No comments: