Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wednesday Stuff


John and Trae Crowder of The Damage Report discuss the latest Trumpian insanity about group firing squads and bringing back the guillotine, or whatever that madness was...wonder if Our Gelatinous Orange Treason-sickle of a former preznit realizes that the legal walls are closing in on him at loooong last and he’s losing what’s left of his mind...



...and I thought Rachel Maddow did us yet another service in this clip, linking authoritarianism in Israel under our “ally” Bibi (trying to overturn the courts) and that encouraged by Our Ochre Abomination; I wish she were on more than one night a week, but she’s definitely earned the right to call her shots in this manner...



Update 2/16/23: More here.

...and Farron Cousins tells us that the GOP “establishment” thinks they can fix their party by purging Orange You-Know-Who, and Cousins tells us why that metaphorical genie is definitely out of the bottle and not going back anytime soon, if ever (one of the best commentaries I’ve heard on the “Republic” Party in quite a while...and happy birthday to Cousins)...



...and while I don’t think we have to worry about Tommy Tuberville of Alabama trying to supplant Trump, #DeathSantis or anyone else in that party running for the oval office in ’24, he still needs to be called out when he spouts outrageous partisan BS as he does here on abortion of course (and as Alonzo Bodden points out, “abortion after birth” isn’t actually a thing - makes me recall this)...



...and yes, I know I’ve been beating the drum a bit about the “GOP” trying to gut Social Security and Medicare, and I’m going to keep doing that because these thoroughly cretinous lunatics are going to keep coming after them...with that in mind, I give you this from The Lincoln Project...



...and I probably should have included this yesterday, but better late than never I guess.

No comments: