Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Tuesday Stuff


I admit that I don’t have much to add to the travesty of this story, except to say that I agree with this; I don’t think leaking the news of the SCOTUS gutting Roe was accidental in any way; I think they couldn’t wait to take a victory lap over it (and here is one response - more here and here).

To begin, I give you this NSFW/H video from Brian Tyler Cohen (clip ends at about 7:40)...



...and Ana and Cenk bring us more on the usual conservative SCOTUS suspects lying like crazy on Roe...and yeah, they’re going to take a legal pick axe to the “right to privacy” too...hell, this court could go all the way back to Brown v. Board (and I know the Colllins stuff is repetitive, but aside from the justices in question, she deserves this treatment more than anyone else IMO)...



...and David Pakman tells us more – and I realize “Strip Search Sammy” doesn’t give a shit about precedent on Roe or anything else, but if he actually did care, he should read about Harry Blackmun, the SCOTUS justice who wrote the opinion on Roe and evolved from a conservative to pretty much a liberal (and actually, yes, the Dems have an uphill midterm battle, but I'm a little mad at Pakman for buying into the typical "conventional wisdom" that the Dems will automatically get smoked later this year, particularly in light of this)...



...so, what can we do to fight back? Well, I thought Thom Hartmann brought us a great idea from Elie Mystal about federalizing abortion center employees in Texas (“qualified immunity” works for me....“I see some more bad stuff coming” too unfortunately)...



...and Trae Crowder weighs in here with a NSFW/H commentary...



...and I and others will have more to say about this in the coming days, but for now, I'll leave you with this tune, which is the most apt selection I can think of.

No comments: