Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Stuff


I haven’t had a Chip Franklin commentary for a loooong time I know (re, Mean Jean Schmidt’s recent disgusting words about abortion), but I thought this was a particularly good segment...God, am I SO SICK OF POLITICIANS TALKING ABOUT FREAKING RAPE AND ABORTION!!!! And I blame the “fundies” for that, as well as the Catholic Church, and believe me when I tell you that I don’t say that lightly (also, let's not forget this, as Franklin reminds us here)...



...and Thom H. tells us how the Repugs are trying to end democracy through martial law, including the shenanigans with Title X and the evergreen big lie that the “R” party is in favor of “shrinking government” (and I’d forgotten the stuff about the Trumpsters not working with the incoming Biden transition team...and there will be more with that loon MTG later)...



...and as a companion piece of sorts to Thom Hartmann’s commentary, I give you this from Jessica Burbank about standing up to corporate power (NSFW/H)...



...and I didn’t want us to forget about Vlad The Butcher and his despicable war of choice in Ukraine, and with that in mind, Ana and John tell us about the Russian host (editor of RT) casually discussing nuclear freaking war! And good question by Ana about wondering, at what point, Vlad the Butcher will just decide to strike at us because of this country supplying weapons to the conflict (not saying we SHOULDN’T help Ukraine, but I’m only saying that we should keep our eyes open, that’s all...and by the way, please tell me how this Russian woman believing that Russian victims of a nuclear holocaust being “lifted up to Heaven” is actually different from fundamentalist nuts in this country believing in “the rapture”...)...



...and Farron Cousins tells us about this Oklahoma assclown named John Bennett running for the U.S. Congress who calls for Dr. Fauci to be executed after we have the formality of a trial (of course, this brainless biped spouts all other manner of lies and conspiracy theories too, all of which are disgusting enough, and made even worse by the crowd cheering over it).

And to be honest, that’s what really gets me at times – the fact that so many people in this country have been completely and utterly hoodwinked by the individuals who have COMPLETELY FALLEN DOWN when it comes to ensuring our well being (the Thom Hartmann video outlined everything that the “party of Lincoln” has done...or more precisely, failed to do...on that front). In my own admittedly small way, I’m trying to present the best information I can to move as many people as I can towards an enlightened opinion. Would I be happy if every single person who happened to come across this site ended up voting for a Democrat? Yeah, but I know the probability that circumstances will change for the better even if that were to happen. However, that doesn’t mean we can give up the fight...far from it. But we’re living with the consequences of over 40 years of “us vs. them” antagonism in our media when it comes to trying to make peace with the “R” party (egged on by AM talk radio, Fix Noise and similar TV networks, and the wingnutosphere including the Murdoch Street Journal and many other corporate media culprits). And yes, I know I’m restating the obvious, but I feel like I have to do that sometimes...



...and in the prior clip, Farron Cousins noted how contradictory it was for this guy John Bennett to be advocating violence in the presence of the cross, and this Meidas Touch clip takes that a step further, with Adrian Fontes, running for AZ Secretary of State (and a vet and a Roman Catholic), calling out that loon Marjorie Taylor Greene for her disgusting anti-immigrant rhetoric (and that goes for that bobblehead also who just noddled while Greene spoke this bilious hatred)...



...well, I’m going to try and lighten things up a bit with this; it seems that Mango Mussolini is afraid of fresh fruit as noted here, including pineapples (and produce also)...maybe he ought to enroll in this class...



...and that’s about all I’ve got for now – hopefully we’ll all be able to enjoy nicer weather for the weekend (I think this tune is perfectly apt).

No comments: