Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday Stuff


Brian Tyler Cohen brings us the Rachel Maddow clip from last night that everyone is quite rightly talking about, where House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy denied asking Trump to resign, when in fact - oopsie! – there are tapes directly refuting that (and yeah, as Cohen says, when McCarthy lies this brazenly about that, imagine what else he lies brazenly about – NSFW/H)...



...and speaking of Republicans lying, Yasmin Khan of Rebel HQ tells us about 54 math textbooks in FLA that have been rejected by Guv Ron #DeathSantis because of “critical race theory,” which, y’know, ISN’T ACTUALLY A THING, PEOPLE!!!, at least not in elementary school (more here...clip starts off with this guy Ralph Rebandt who apparently is running on the "God ticket" for governor of Michigan)...



...well, if I had to choose between Republicans lying to me versus Republicans who may threaten to kill me, as Herschel Walker might (as indicated in this Really American clip), I guess I’d rather have them lie to my face, which I say reluctantly of course (to help Rev. Warnock, click here)...



...and turning to the latest from Vlad The Butcher in Ukraine, this DW clip tells us that the battle for the Donbas has begun (with correspondents Mathias Bolinger and Rebecca Ritters...I dare you not to get choked up by the little girl with her teddy bear near the end)...



...and Joy Reid speaks with producer Ali Arouzi and correspondent Malcolm Nance (such respect to Nance, serving as part of a 20K-strong multi-national force to protect the people of Ukraine, civilians in particular...”I’m done talking” indeed)...



...and I now give you the latest installment of "This Day In Doomsy History" from 4/22/15 - yeah, we know what Bill Maher has turned into, but back when he was actually good, he made some great points here about Republicans and environmentalism...



...and in terms of non-musical video clips, I have to end with this one – John and Ana of TYT tell us how Greg Kelly of Newsmax recently portrayed Baby Ben Shapiro as “a black conservative hero”...way too damn funny...



...and with the Maher clip in mind, I want to wish everyone a Happy Earth Day (this tune is particularly timely in light of this, unfortunately...an important update is here).

No comments: