Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday Stuff


Normally I guess it’s wrong to take pleasure from someone else’s misfortune, but in the case of Repug U.S. House Rep (and big-headed white guy) Matt Gaetz, it is kind of amusing to see him flopping around like a carp in the sun freshly dumped into a fishing boat (yeah, try falling back on your presumed privilege when all else fails, you knucklehead – and I’m not trying to trivialize his alleged conduct with the underaged girl here, which of course is completely serious and should be treated as such...Ana and Aida R. tell us more)...



Update: Too funny.

...and Rachel Maddow brings us the recording of the Koch flunky explaining to his puppet masters that, gee, I’m sooo sorry, but it turns out that the people of this country DON’T WANT plutocrats like Chucky Koch laying waste to our government and way of life so he can get whatever the hell he wants (recording from Jane Mayer of The New Yorker...this has to do with the John Lewis “For The People” Act in the Senate)...



via GIPHY

...and gosh, color me shocked – it looks like Dem U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema’s approval rating has taken a total nose dive...I can’t imagine why (removing my tongue from my cheek...David Doel explains...and by the way, I know it’s taken as gospel, you might say, in some lefty circles that Biden/Harris didn’t push hard enough for the $15-an-hour minimum wage to get Sinema and Manchin to move on it, but as far as I can tell, that is all supposition at this point that has yet to be proven, and it may never be)...



...and Emma of The Majority Report tells us about idiot Repug U.S. House Rep John Joyce of our beloved commonwealth of PA going on Dana Perino’s Fix Noise show to unveil a law to protect Dr. Seuss, apparently; yeah, taxpayer dollars won’t go to states that ban books (I’m sure that somewhere, in the great beyond, Mr. Geisel is laughing his ass off over this...you can cut the stoo-pid here with a knife, just about).

Seriously, though – I’m trying to unpackage Joyce’s idiocy here (probably spending more time on this that it deserves)...sooo, he’s ostensibly opposing “cancel culture,” but by denying federal funds to libraries that make a decision to take books off the shelves for whatever reason, to say nothing of the Seuss estate and the publisher who also quite rightly have a hand in this, isn’t he “cancelling” the libraries too? NSFW/H (And I think the show they were trying to think of was “The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy” – and yeah, that show was pretty “woke” for a kids program, and don’t ask me how I know that.)...



...and Thom Hartmann tells us that, according to a study form The Brookings Institution, 400K Americans would still be alive if Trump had given a crap about COVID (and spare me about “Operation Warp Speed”...all good questions at the end by Thom, and I don’t have a clue as to an answer)...



...and yesterday marked what would have been the 71st birthday of guitarist Dave Ball of Procol Harum (never realized just how dark a song this was until I paid attention to the lyrics).

No comments: