Friday, December 06, 2019

Friday Stuff


Every once in awhile Lawrence O’Donnell completely nails it on an issue, and I would say he definitely did that here with Mayor Pete and the latter’s idiocy over the Dems and deficits (all politicians are opportunists I know, but it’s amazing to me in spite of it all what kind of a pass Buttigieg is getting from our corporate media otherwise, which makes O’Donnell’s piece all the more commendable)…



…and I know I’ve given the Clintons a pass a lot of times because I think it was completely deserved (I’m not sure how much you remember, but I remember how they were RELENTLESSLY ATTACKED for all 8 years of President Clinton’s term, usually for utter nonsense), and I think Michael Brooks needs to look a bit more at the context of the Clinton Administration trying to get ANYTHING done with the Dole/Gingrich Repug congress of that era, but I also think he’s fundamentally right to criticize them on the issues of crime and welfare reform (Should the legislation have been passed? Hindsight is 20-20 I know and maybe there were good goals and intentions at the time, but I’d like to see more self-examination and criticism from the Clintons on that)…all of that being said, I should tell you that my grace period, if you will, for HRC just ended with a thud over her recent interview on Howard Stern (the guy is funny at times as far as I’m concerned, though usually I don’t care to hear him – however, only an idiot would argue that he isn’t formidable at his job)…to me, she didn’t really attack Bernie Sanders directly but just treated him and his candidacy with some kind of effete disregard, as if she was trying to swat a fly, which may actually be worse than attacking him – given what I just said about the Clintons and the 90s, you would think they would understand the importance of the Sanders campaign…I think Brooks also makes a good point about how she took three years too long to appear on Stern’s program, when maybe appearing during the ’16 campaign would have made her more approachable to people somehow…amazing to me that HRC has either forgotten or somehow didn’t know about Sanders’s appearances for her during when she was the nominee – she was poorly served but she also shot herself in the foot too, and this is an example of that (also, there's a brief swear word at the very end FWIW)…



Update 12/7/19: I know this may come as a shock, but Sanders actually has plans for how he would fund his proposals (here is an example, in response to this).

Keep digging, Hillz.

...and here are more seasonal selections, starting with a number that I probably should have had in the past also, but here it is now.







No comments: