Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Stuff


(Yes, I know I’m going back on my promise from last time to show Yemen kids – I’ll try to do so again as soon as I can.)

Brian Tyler Cohen gives us his take on Shep Smith’s reporting on the utterly ridiculous whitewash press conference held by Attorney General William Barr yesterday pertaining to the Mueller Report (and the “illegal leaks” stuff from Barr is particularly stoo-pid)…



…and Lawrence O’Donnell gives us his take on the redacted Mueller Report also, including what may be the most memorable line of all; I think O’Donnell is absolutely right – at least I hope so – on how the Dems will follow up (even thought this is a particularly pathetic response from the party’s “leadership,” though this from AOC is typically spot-on...you can tell how much she hit a nerve by how rabid the trolls are in the comments, misspellings, typos and all) and the Repugs will try to bury everything…



Update: As far as I'm concerned, she's been leading the way on every issue that matters, so I'm not surprised she's ahead on this too (here).

…and Stephen Colbert weighs in also (didn’t see anything else from his show or from Sam Bee)…



…and I thought this was a precious little nugget from history; the Gropenfuhrer comments on the Bill Clinton/Monica Whatsername stuff from ’98 with Tweety…see if you can detect criticism aimed at Number 42 that now applies to our Russian Operative head of state – we’ll see what kind of “Teflon” remains from our current occupant of An Oval Office…



…and I have to admit that I got a kick out of this; if Fix Noise covered Our Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Deatheater-in-Chief the way they covered his predecessor, it would probably go something like this…



…and this Monday marks the 60th anniversary of the final session for “Kind of Blue” by Miles Davis, which (last I checked) was still the largest selling jazz recording of all time (I know the solos are by Davis and by John Coltrane, and I think the pianist was Wynton Kelly, but I’m not sure of the other musicians).

No comments: