Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Tuesday Stuff


This tells us that no guns will be let in at the upcoming NRA ammo-sexual convention (yes, I know it’s a Secret Service thing, but I still think it’s hilarious)…


…and from the ridiculous to the even more ridiculous, I give you this, where the Repug leader of voter disenfranchisement (word?), none other than Kris “Contempt of Court” Kobach, believes that he has the right to impart a civics lesson to students protesting our insane gun policy…



…and I know I didn’t have anything to say about the terror attack in Toronto, so I think I should do so now - definitely not intentional on my part and sympathies to the victims of course (And the “incel” movement? Another brand of murdering cowards)…



…and kudos to Bernie Sanders for making us keep our eye on the proverbial ball about the link between tax cuts and decreased funding for public education, among other economic casualties in the name of coddling the “one percent”…



...and Dubya's “Mission Accomplished” speech was 15 years ago today; what follows is a prior commentary on this from Keith Olbermann...



…and speaking of milestones, we recently observed the 50th anniversary of the debut of the Broadway musical “Hair.” (I once saw a great Showtime doc on The Cowsills – God, what a star-crossed bunch they were; another band of talented kids who, as far as I’m concerned, had a father who let celebrity go to his head).

No comments: