Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Tuesday Stuff

RIP Father Daniel Berrigan (a little late with this I know)…



...and as long as we're traveling back in time a bit..to truly appreciate the next clip, you need to watch this one first (harking back to this)…



…and in the clip below, Rachel Maddow interviews Republican Bill Bogert, who starred (I guess that’s the correct word) in the prior ad; what a nugget of history she unearthed here, and totally appropriate IMHO; the big difference to me, though, is that, after the landslide Goldwater defeat in ’64, the “party of Lincoln” reinvented itself and ultimately began the ruinous conservative ascendancy many years later – after what may come this fall, they could indeed be heading to extinction, which would be utterly deserved…



…and I personally think we’re waaay past the point of talking about climate change, but kudos to Jimmy Kimmel & co. for fighting the good fight (here)…



…and it’s taken me a little while I know to get around to this Kyle Kulinski clip about the Illinois police chief getting rid of body cameras, but here it is anyway (NSFW)…




...and when I saw this on tha’ Twitterz, I immediately thought of this song, and yeah, I know it doesn’t quite fit, but I want to hear it anyway (if you don’t follow Chris Hayes, by the way, you should).

No comments: