Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday Stuff

Happy Boxing Day, all you non-Canadians (and Canadians too), eh?...



…and I’m not going to pretend that I understand all of the ramifications of Congress’s passage (and Obama’s signing into law) of The Magnitsky Act, but I think our elected officials should have, at the very least, recognized what kind of a tit-for-tat would ensue, and unfortunately, it looks like Americans trying to adopt Russian children will be punished (more here)…



…and while I was busy with the Christmas stuff, I forgot to acknowledge the passing of Ravi Shankar a couple of weeks ago – my bad (gee, that guy with the beard sure got around, didn't he?)…



…also, RIP acclaimed character actor Charles Durning (what a heroic wartime story, by the way...lots of great roles, including Big Ed Healey in "Captains and the Kings")…



…and South Philadelphia’s Jack Klugman (I’d forgotten that he’d used “Quincy” as a vehicle to promote social causes)…



…and I suppose the story of Lester Chambers, as told here, is a bit of a cause as well, with social media and online folks giving him a well-deserved hand; with that in mind, here is the legendary hit of his band referred to in the news story.

No comments: