Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Tuesday Stuff

I'm not going to kid you - I had a lot of problems with John Adler, the Democrat who represented NJ-03 until Jon "Uh, How Much Tax Can I Get Out Of Paying On My Farm?" Runyan defeated him last year. And I really went back and forth about whether or not I should say anything. But I think there is something to be said for someone who wins elected office and, at some point, honestly tries to do the right thing and make a difference.

If Adler had actually managed his office like an actual Democrat and truly held fast to the courage of what should have been his convictions, he might very well have lost last year anyway. So here is a nice remembrance, and Dem House Rep Steve Cohen had some nice words here also (51 is way too damn young)...



...and now for something completely different, as they say - happy 85th birthday to Roger Corman, the auteur who brought us cinematic memories such as this (heh)...



...and "capping" our children's future and "trading" it to the Chinese (here)? Frank Luntz is no doubt so proud of you (and for this also I'm sure...take your pick)...



...and this goes out to you, congresswoman.

No comments: