Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday Stuff

Mark Twain left us 100 years ago today, by the way (no sign of Halley's Comet)...



...and I'm sure Twain would have had a thing or two to say about John Ensign and Sue Lowden (and I can't think of a word to describe how pathetic it is that Harry Reid could actually lose to this hairdo)...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and yeah, GEICO overreacted, but the smart thing would have been for the guy to never sink to the same level as the teabaggers to begin with...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and I don't know about you, but I've been wondering what Madonna was up to these days (she just lives to shock us, you know).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My frustration level with the "people" gets so exasperated. I took a step back and thought, how bad could it get if all the tea bag wing nut panderers got elected?

I think we can survive the worst...I hope we can...but my thought is if the people of Nevada elect someone who wants us to barter with our doctors, they deserve the insanity of her reign, and while we will suffer having her vote on issues, maybe if the insanity finally is proven, instead of being called out, then maybe it will be worth it.

I have not heard doctors commenting on her proposal.

doomsy said...

And my guess is that you won't either, because they're too busy laughing.

I just watched a few minutes of Bill Maher tonight with Alan Grayson, Susan Eisenhower and that fool Matthew Continetti, the conservative token, and he was actually trying to defend Lowden of course, saying, “uh, well, as it is now, we really don’t pay for our medical care, it’s administered by the insurance company or the government, and she was just trying to say it should be one-to-one between patient and doctor,” which of course is nonsense; it’s paid in large part through our subscriber premiums, but Continetti’s job is to try and make people like Lowden actually sound intelligent (the show looks like it’s worth it for Grayson alone; I may watch it on demand – that’s the only way I’ll be able to do it).