Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Stuff

This is another great moment for Al Franken, but again, I feel like I have to say a few words about Senator "He's With Us On Everything But The War."

Lieberman's actions on health care reform (which, thanks to the ineptitude of Harry Reid first and foremost, now allowing Ben Nelson to act like a little tin god also) should have surprised absolutely no one. And yes, he is a worm and a lowlife and totally despicable, but here's a thought (I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again); let's harness a fraction of the energy we would expend against Holy Joe (who, after all, won't run again until 2012) in support of someone who needs it, and that is Chris Dodd, a true friend, OK? And by that I mean let's try to publicize all the good things he does on our behalf, as opposed to beating up Lieberman, who truly doesn't care what we do and will get so much dough from Big Pharma And Insurance when it's his time to run again that he'll dwarf what we raise by comparison.

Hey, I want Lieberman out as much as anyone, but I'm just saying that we should be practical about this.

(By the way, do you think McCain meant the "comedy" of the Senate? If he did, I agree with him.)...



Update 1 12/18/09: This is "straight talk we can believe in, my friends":-).

Update 2 12/18/09: Our brain-dead media strikes again, people (h/t Atrios).

..."Worst Persons" (Flush Limbore imagines prosperity during the heinous Bush years; sounds like that "hillbilly heroin" is working its magic, huh Flush?; Sean Inanity chastises Obama for writing a letter to Kim Jong Il, when Number 43 did the same thing; but Michelle Malkin gets the nod for making up another story about a kid suspended from school for drawing Jesus on the cross, when in reality, the kid drew himself and was not suspended - as usual, Malkin tries to play human tragedy for her typically sick propaganda purposes)...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Update 12/18/09: Uh, Bucks County Courier Times? As Keith noted, the Taunton thing you cite here was fake (here, kind of like your recent fake Thumbs Down for the House health care bill since it didn't address "tort reform").

...and it's time for me to get into the traditional stuff, I know...



...and I thought this was a kickin' version of the tune we all know (don't try this at home, or if you do, just don't tell me about it, OK?).

No comments: