Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Stuff

As I watched this, I found myself wondering why those who scream the loudest that waterboarding supposedly isn't torture are the ones also making the most noise about releasing any information about how we used that tactic and others (under the euphemism of "enhanced interrogation techniques") on those "enemy combatants" on the "global war on terror" (yes, I know the answer, but I'm keen to wonder why all the same - ya' think those yelling have more than a little to hide here?)...



Update 4/24/09: If you wish to subject yourself to today’s nonsense from Christine Flowers on this (here), I would only ask that you read Glenn Greenwald’s response, not to her, but to wingnuts in general (here – h/t Atrios).

...and I have to admit that I never expected a moment of clarity, if you will, from John Boehner, of all people, on this subject, but there you are (have fun trying to spin your way out of this one, Rep. Man Tan)...




...and I think "holy mackerel" is a kind way for Rachel Maddow to describe this story of the deterioration of Pakistan here in her interview with NBC correspondent Richard Engel - "holy fracking crap" works for me...



...so let's try to rock the blues away, people (h/t The Daily Kos).

No comments: