Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Stuff

K.O.'s "Special Comment" on the latest torture memos to seep out from the fetid, still-remaining Bushco sewage (this from Glenn Greenwald via Atrios sums up the awfulness)...



...and if torture was one of the evil manifestations of our former ruling cabal, here is perhaps the other most notorious one ("blessed" by the Dems, if you will, last year of course, amplified in this interview with James Risen of The New York Times)...



...and I've had some thoughts on all of this "teabagging" business that I haven't been able to quite put into words, though Janeane Garofalo manages to do it for me here (and here's more on the person at the mic)...



...and here's a note for some local-area folk; I have to tell you that I found myself stuck in a horrendous traffic jam today while trying to cross from PA into NJ over the Route 1 bridge, and I listened to Pierre Robert of radio station WMMR in these parts tell a story of how the surviving members of The Grateful Dead met President Obama recently, and either by design or chance, there were scarlet begonias in a vase near where the meeting took place - Pierre built up the story really well and then led into the wrong song for a minute, but it was funny to listen to his ad-libs while he screwed up but eventually played the right tune...this gives me a chance to thank him for making a bit of misery an actual moment of fun, as well as all of the good vibes he's generated over lo these many years - this is for you, dude)...



...oh, and suddenly I just remembered I have to call the cable company tomorrow - wonder why?

No comments: