Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Mayor of 9/11 Needs A History Lesson

So sayeth Rudy 9iu11ani yesterday at Shady Brook Farm in Lower Makefield, Bucks County, PA (from here)…

Guiliani introduced McCain and said, “You'll make all those media predictions wrong if you get out and vote for John McCain in 15 days.”

“I remember if the polls were right four years ago, John Kerry would be president right now. The difference then was the people and it will be this time, too. John will stand up for us as he has for his partner, Cindy. Cindy McCain has helped people all over the world. Theirs is a family that puts country first.”
Yeah, well, as far as the claim by Rudy! that Kerry was leading at this point four years ago, I give you this post by Oliver Willis that tells us how Real Clear Politics polled that contest, with the “trend lines” favoring Dubya. However, the embedded chart in Willis' post tells an almost identical story, only with the parties reversed (I mean, this is hardly a “done deal,” people, but I’m just sayin’).

And I want to call out this from his post also…

ALSO: I should take this moment and note that there are few things I loathe more than undecided voters. Obama and McCain have been campaigning for this thing for almost two years now. They’ve both participated in debates, advertised all over the country, and been the subject of thousands of news stories. The general election for the most powerful nation in the world is 28 (14) days away and you’re telling me that you’re still unsure? Well then I’m sorry, you don’t get to vote. If only.
Yep, no excuse as far as I’m concerned, either (and by the way, Courier Times, you need to check the spelling of Rudy's name, OK?).

Update: Apparently, Rudy! needs more than one lesson (and Flush can't tell fact from fiction anyway).

No comments: