Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Speaking From Experience

Wow, I was just so pleasantly surprised to read here that Flush Limbore apologized to Senator Barack Obama for bringing “dishonor and guttural utterances” into the campaign when Flush laughed with a caller who said that she thought Obama looked like the monkey Curious George.

This means a whole lot from someone who compared Obama to a terrorist (here), who routinely used the word “spade” in context with African Americans (here), and once attempted to link Obama to Osama bin Laden (here – I could find more examples, but life is short and I don’t want to accidentally turn my own stomach).

All of this means that Flush, however kicking and screaming, is somehow approaching a level of discourse that may one day be acceptable to most adults in this century.

The only thing I’m wondering about now is what he must have said about McCain to merit an apology to him as well.

No comments: