Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Patrick

Posting is going to be sporadic for the next day or so, but I would be truly remiss if I failed to acknowledge the birthday of film actor and director Patrick McGoohan, whose image from the 1960s I use as an identifying icon for reasons that I state on this site.

His speech from the "Free For All" episode of "The Prisoner" (below, with Eric Portman as No. 2) sums up my own sense of skepticism and outright betrayal towards much of what I see and hear in our media, particularly from our politicians, and I suspect that you feel some of that also (and I've said previously that viewing all 17 episodes of this series is the best training for trying to exist in corporate America that I can imagine).



I will plan to post on a truly infamous anniversary shortly as have many others today I suspect, not an occasion for celebration at all.

No comments: