Tuesday, February 13, 2007

An Act Of Contrition

As a Roman Catholic, I feel that I owe Amanda Marcotte an apology.

I should emphasize that I always supported her in her all-too-brief role in the Edwards ’08 campaign and, though I personally disapprove of some of her language prior to signing on as an Edwards blogger, I definitely believe that she is a credible and highly talented professional.

However, some individuals who claim to share the same faith that I try to practice felt that it was necessary to communicate some truly vile messages to her regarding her political beliefs, personal habits, and anatomy in general, and it’s truly unfortunate that Marcotte felt it was necessary to leave the campaign because these life forms were spending too much time attacking her to the point where it was detracting from what Edwards is trying to accomplish.

I will not devote further attention or comment to the pathetic partisans who felt the need to discredit her before she had written a single word on behalf of John Edwards as a member of his campaign, but I will only say in closing that I wish Marcotte well.

And, as my “A” list blogging “betters” have noted, other Democratic candidates are deluding themselves if they think their campaigns will be spared similar treatment.

No comments: