Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dim The Lights Again

I loved the fact that she gave Warren Beatty so much crap in "Reds" (though I liked the movie, it seemed to be nothing but Beatty as John Reed taking train trips back and forth and Communist Party political BS, though I guess that was largely the point, and seeing Jack Nicholson play Eugene O'Neill was fun too).

Also, when taking a break from writing a term paper for college one night, I saw that "Queen Of The Stardust Ballroom" was on a commercial TV station (before the days of Comcast, and yes - there actually WAS such a time), so I watched it (Charles Durning co-starred). It was a sweet little movie - no big deal, just a two-person character study pretty much, but it was entertaining.

I always admired her for the simple decency she managed to portray in her characters. We can never have enough of that sort of thing, especially now.

No comments: