Monday, July 23, 2007

No “Climate Crisis” For Shaheen

I’ve said nothing about the upcoming (2008) Senate election in New Hampshire between incumbent Repug John Sununu and former governor Dem Jeanne Shaheen in “the granite state,” but I have to admit that I got a laugh out of the following quote from Sununu in this Bloomberg News story…

New Hampshire Senator John Sununu said he wouldn't campaign with George W. Bush next year ``in this climate'' because of the president's low job-approval ratings.
Sununu is doing little better than the head of his party based on these numbers, and they are as follows (noted here, from CNN dated last week)…

Sununu 38%
Shaheen 54%
Undecided 7%
And based on the laundry list of Repug boilerplate that Sununu is clinging to based on the Bloomberg story (including Iraq, of course), I think he’d better keep his umbrella handy because he’s going to see a lot of rainy days.

(Actually, I was kinder to Sununu than I’d planned to be; as the story notes, Shaheen leads by 56% to 34% for Sununu – and how funny is it that she leads by that wide a margin and hasn’t even declared her candidacy yet?).

No comments: